Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Slow Down, You Move Too Fast

October 26. Why did I think that was important when I woke up this morning? Oh yes. It's Joe's birthday. Happy birthday, my love.


Birthdays. Holidays. Mundane days. Every days. This last year has been a slurry blur of them all. All these years, year after year, in an academic setting mean that my year, internally, begins in September. So, this year is still young. And yet it has its rear gathered up beneath it, and it is already at a full, flying trot. I am already breathless, trying to hold my seat and keep time with it.

I have spent my life in a hurry. It's time to slow down. To wait for the rain to clear. To enjoy the smell of the wet earth, and the cooling air, and to know that the hurricane season will pass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Knatolee said...

Okay, you and Peg are way too poetic on your blogs. ;) You need some pictures of cat turds or something on here! HAHAHAHAHAH!

or the Spidergurlz!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home