Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Daffy Dills

On Saturday it was cloudy and grey while we worked in the garden. The air was soft, and the smell of thawing earth definitely made it feel like spring, but it looked like a late winter day.

Today was really warm, the first day I've walked at lunchtime without a jacket and wished I'd worn something lighter than the lightweight sweater I'd chosen early this morning. And as I drove up Main Street toward my house this afternoon after work, the sight that greeted me just screamed spring.

There's not much in bloom yet but the daffodils and my one stray crocus. But there's a pretty little flowering plant over between the shed and the driveway with little pink and blue blossoms (anyone who knows what this is, please tell me - ok, my boss just told me this is a wort - specifically Lungwort or Pulmonaria - ugly name for a pretty little blossom, huh?) And there are irises pushing up all over. And the forsythia buds are just now beginning to swell.



It's going to be such an adventure this year to see what will come up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kris Starr said...

Your home is absolutely beautiful, and your writing has a lovely, quiet grace. Thanks for the warm moment!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

Thanks, Kris. What a nice thing to read!

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean its time to put away the warm high top shoes and dust off the sneakers? Isn't spring wonderful? Don't you love the smells? I wish I could smell as well as my fur children but I'll take what I can get (when allergies allow). Soon the bumble bees will be buzzing about, doing their thing. Minding their own business going from flower to flower. Heard the cricketts a couple nights ago and saw a moth. Enjoy your adventure Ginny!!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Knatolee said...

YOur boss beat me to it! I really like lungwort and it's a good shade plant. The leaves are reminiscent of lungs, hence the name.

I love your house and garden!!!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

Thanks, Knat. But I still think "lungwort" is an ugly name for a pretty flower. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm generally against naming flowers after body parts.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home