Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Missing mug

Doesn't everyone pour themselves a fresh cup of coffee at 9:41 p.m.? I went down to the kitchen a little while ago, to shut things down for the night, and to top off my mug of coffee with the last of what was in the pot. Then, I came back up to the living room, to finish my coffee, pay a couple of bills, and watch the end of Scrubs.

I did pay the bills. And I caught the last of Scrubs. But everytime I absent mindedly reached for my coffee, I found it missing.

So, having spent the last twenty minutes wondering where my coffee went, I went searching. I looked in the bedroom. I looked in the bathroom. I looked upstairs by the parrot cages. I even checked outside. 's cold out there, by the way...

It was, of course, right where I left it. It's such a nice mug. I'm really glad it didn't break when I fell down the stairs a few months ago. It left my hand right around the time my feet left the stairs, and we were airborne together, though without any physical connection.

Since then, it's developed an attitude. It's gone missing once or twice. It spent one night outside in the snow. I'd headed indoors after playing with the dogs in the dark, certain I had it with me. Imagine how surprised I was the next morning, when it was nowhere to be found. I discovered it outside, sitting on the picnic table, wearing a cap of snow over the frozen dregs of the coffee I'd left in it. Another time, I couldn't find it for 3 days. It was hiding behind the parrot seed on the old sewing machine up in the "bird room." Clearly skulking.

I guess it no longer trusts me to take care of it. But this time, I found it right where it belonged - on the kitchen counter.

Nice mug. Good mug. I love this mug.

3 Comments:

Blogger Knatolee said...

"Doesn't everyone pour themselves a fresh cup of coffee at 9:41 p.m.? "...

Yeah, people who don't want to SLEEP!!

I think we should all send you photos of our favourite mugs. :)

12:54 PM  
Blogger serenwhipety said...

You crack me up!

3:41 PM  
Blogger flyingfish3 said...

This is so funny - it definitely is mad at you and I don't blame it!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home