Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

When Your Dog Has an Evil Sense of Humor

When I was a kid, once or twice my younger brother hid under my bed and grabbed me around the neck to frighten me after the lights went out, or hid in my closet, and jumped out at me when I was getting changed. Years later, my little sister had an evil toy - little men on springs and suction cups. You pushed them down, compressing the spring between two opposing suction cups until the cups caught and held. They would jump up at you when the spring overpowered the suction. She thought it was very funny that they scared the beejeezus out of me. I'm over my brother long ago. (Not that that was easy.) And I've long since forgiven my sister (for those horrible little men, at least.) But, I guess you could say that it's understandable that I startle easily. And now, I live with The Crow - she's an unusually smart dog with a wicked sense of humor. She's decided it's funny to ambush me from the shower stall. Ha ha. Ha.

(Now I know she's likely to be there, and it doesn't scare me anymore ... not much, at least. Still, there's always a small start when I don't realize she's in there and I turn to see this: )

7 Comments:

Blogger flyingfish3 said...

WHAT THE F@#K! She looks entirely EVIL! What the hell was she doing in there?

OK, as your little sister, I sincerely apologize about the "little spring men" that I don't even remember!

Reading your blogs I often wonder if I grew up in the same family and house! I don't remember squat compared to you!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

Ah, those critical 7 years...

10:03 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

Ginny, I've known you for...what?...14 years. I've seen pictures of some of your dogs: Hudson, Crow, and the wonderful Beckett. But that Norman Bates animal...I didn't know you made road trips to Hell to find dogs to photograph:-).

2:23 PM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

I make road trips to Hell at least daily, Ken. Might as well photograph the dogs while I'm there, y'know?

9:36 PM  
Blogger Knatolee said...

My oh my, Crow looks positively possessed! But what a sense of humour. You go, girl. Just don't give Mommy a fricking heart attack.

10:17 AM  
Blogger serenwhipety said...

What I want to know is what the heck is it with Ginny's dogs and shower curtains??????

12:18 PM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

Unfortunately, the image of Beckett with shreds of shower curtain flowing from his jaws as he disappeared, laughing, around the corner in my hall was not captured on film. The difference was in the broadness of his humor - Beckett was pure Benny Hill. Crow is Monty Python.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home