Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Continuing Puppy Envy

And the puppy envy continues. Bridget sent this more recent shot of her 5 little buggers. Every time I look at them, I am whisked back to my childhood, to my grandfather's dogs, to Missy, the first of his Springers who stayed in my heart, and to Sam, who grew up with me, and who walked with me and cried with me when both of us were so scared and upset when my grandfather was in the hospital. As we walked and cried, both of us, I'm certain, carrying images of his death, and sure we'd never be reunited with him, Pop was in the local hospital giving the nursing staff fits, fighting with everyone, and ultimately, climbing out onto a fire escape in his hospital gown, trying to make his getaway.

Who'd have thought that a puppy's face could bring back so much of my life? Then aga
in, who'd have thought that a puppy's breath could hold in it everything I need to know?

2 Comments:

Blogger Knatolee said...

Ooooooooooh~!!! SUch adorable little Christmas buggers!!! OOOOHHH!

10:13 AM  
Blogger flyingfish3 said...

You write so xxxxx what's the word I want.... I have to think about that.... but let's just say that you have a way of capturing things about these animals that many people probably wouldn't be able to put their finger on.

OK, describe "xxxxx".... beautiful, intuitive, insightful, like you're in their heads... oh, that's right... you ARE!

Oh, and btw - I WANT STONE!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home