Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Secret in My Garden


There's an outhouse in my yard. It was hidden, during the summer when I moved in, within a thick, overgrown patch of forsythia, grape, and raspberry. But it's there. Last time Joe was over, he pushed his way through to it, to clip off a tenacious vine of poison ivy, and then looked in the window. I can still see his face when he turned to me to tell me there's an actual commode inside.

I took pictures, but it's kind of hard to see clearly. You can see, though, how I might have missed it when the leaves were out and the thicket was nearly impenetrable. I want to clean out that garden patch, leave the seat in place, clean up the shed itself, use it for garden tool storage, and put a big sign on it that says "Guest Bathroom."



(Click on the picture of the seat for a more intimate view.)

I don't know what it says about me that I like it that I have an outhouse, but I like it that I have an outhouse.

3 Comments:

Blogger Knatolee said...

I think it's cool to have an outhouse!! And I love the garden shed idea. :)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

Wanna come and help me garden? I think it lends new meaning to "Pnat, go get me the hoe," that you'd have to go to the outhouse to comply.

11:01 AM  
Blogger flyingfish3 said...

Only you would store a hoe in an outhouse. You Ho! Just think of the bare asses that shared that cold throne over the years!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home