Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Beautiful boy ...

When I first met her, she was 15. Her mother was one of the leaders of the 4H club I first assisted with, and of which I ultimately became a co-leader. The friendship I forged with her mother was to become one of the most important in my life. Her mother and I used to joke about staying "just one more year" as 4H leaders because the kids became our friends, and we just wanted to see how each story ended. Sarah was one of my favorite people from the beginning. And now she's a mother herself.

I got to meet her son, Michael last night, and I had the pleasure of watching her with him. The story's not over, but it's so incredible to see the next chapter unfolding.


And I had the pleasure of holding him, feeling his breathing change as he stopped crying, and finally gave in to sleep. What a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy.


Little boy, you picked your parents wisely. Welcome to your life. May it be a long and happy one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Knatolee said...

Awww, I love the photo of you holding him! You both look very peaceful and happy.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My God, what a gorgeous kid and joyous mom. That lady holding him ain't bad either....

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home