Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

How I stay sane

One of the first gifts Joe gave me was a beautiful leather bound journal. So, I began writing in earnest again. It keeps me sane, or as sane as I'm ever likely to be. I laid in bed last night, looking for something to hold on to. I pulled out the journal, and found this. From a different stage in my journey, but just what I needed to read.


These Wings

Within the chrysalis
strength and will crystallize
until the moment when
desire and need come together
to force the beginning
the struggle for freedom.
Impossibly fragile,
enormously frail,
driven by
hunger beyond comprehension,
risk neither weighed nor calculated,
effort neither measured nor rationed,
the push goes on

Emerging, finding only that which cannot be touched -
air, light, space and time –
these wet wings unfold and dry,
revealing in their new velvet
symmetry and pattern unexpected
And the inexorable need to try
one final powerful push,
discovering in that upward thrust
the surprising thrill of flight

vrp

3 Comments:

Blogger sibtigre2 said...

That is beautiful...you are in my thoughts and prayers...Stay strong...you will get through this.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Khelidon said...

I love it...and I loved the poem by Miriam Dyak a few posts ago. I was looking for it online and your blog came up. Thanks for sharing! Blessings

2:23 PM  
Blogger Southern Latitudes said...

((((Ginny))))

I love your poetry and the one below by Miriam. There is nothing you can do about yesterday. There is not much you can do about tomorrow. There is only today. Take a deep breath and live your life to the fullest. I'm praying for you as you go through this difficult time.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home