Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Turn around, turn around ...

My little niece, Alison, is getting married. Ok. She's not so little anymore. She's 9 years older than I was when I first got married. In fact, coincidentally, that would have been 34 years ago today, now that I think of it.
Ali had an engagement party today. It was nice, held at a place called Paisano's over in Rutherford. Very nice place. Lots of good food. I had had more than I usually eat for lunch by the time we'd finished the first course - fried calamari. After the bruschetta, the pasta, and the salad, I was stuffed, but there was still the main course and the dessert.

And it's official. I'm clearly addicted to coffee. By the time the coffee was served, I was so twitchy, I simply asked the waiter, who spoke little English, "con su permiso, un otro, por favor," and took two cups for starters.
So, my lovely nieces are all grown up. We don't get to see much of Genny these days. She's a production assistant who has been working on The Sopranos for the past several years. Now she's working on a new HBO series called Damages. She hadn't gotten home till after 2:00 a.m., but she still managed to be her scintillating self at lunch. Oh to be young...

I don't know who all these other old people are. They can't really be related to me, right? I'm not that old. All right. I confess. That's my brother, Mark, and his wife, Joan. But he is OLDER than I am. They both are.

By the way, given the name of the restaurant, and the surnames of the bride and groom, should it be surprising at all that lunch looked more like a wrap party for The Sopranos than anything else? This is Joan's sister, Stacia, and her husband, Babe. I kid you not. Babe. My nieces' Uncle Babe. I rest my case.

1 Comments:

Blogger flyingfish3 said...

I'm sorry to say that I don't know Allie's fiance very well, but I do hope that they are as happy together as Hosea and I are. Genny's Jim, on the other hand, I have met many times and they seem really great together. I hope that's the reality. I miss them both. Amazing how clearly I remember that wedding day 34 years ago.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home