Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Finished Log Cabin baby blankie

Without question, this was the coolest blanket I ever made, and possibly the most fun I ever had knitting. It just kept changing and changing. As each color strip was added, the character of the whole piece would morph entirely, as you can see from the pictures. I loved making this, and I loved the finished product.. I gave it to my Jen (my hairdresser) the night before her last day of work. She loved it, and left it displayed at her work station while she worked on my hair. I could have taken 6 commissions that night to make more of these.
Jen had a boy, by the way, and named him Jasper. I am sooo glad I didn't go with pastels or a lacey stitch!

Welcome to the world, Jasper. I hope this blanket made your first winter warmer.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!! I'm sure it kept Jasper warm and cozy.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Reillybug said...

All I can say is WOW! I have neither the talent nor the patience to do that!! It's beautiful.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

That's lovely! I hope Jen and Jasper put it to good use, and will for many years to come.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

WoW! That turned out beautiful!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Southern Latitudes said...

Welcome to this world Jasper. Ginny, you did a lovely job on that blanket. That's a nice and unique pattern.

I loved the Otter story.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Southern Latitudes said...

Ginny,
Fresh fish tastes nothing like restaurant frozen fish. We've had cobia & mahi so good that it makes a prime steak taste bad. (or what I remember red meat tasting like). Every fish has a unique flavor and there are some bad ones out there (oily). I'll be glad to cook for you and well, you'll have to talk to Lil' Man about borrowing the hot rod. :o) I'm sure he will share.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Knatolee said...

Lucky Jasper... what a beautiful blankie. I'm sure Jen was thrilled. :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Beautiful. Absolutely Beautiful. I love it. I may have to try this. Welcome to the world Jasper. I am sure you will be someone special. How can you not?

9:57 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

That is *amazing*!

Heather

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home