Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One of a kind, or half a pair

Here's half the newest pair of socks. Getting faster, as I started this on Saturday and put it on my foot tonight. I don't know what it beats, one of a kind, half a pair, but I suppose I just beat my personal best. I like the color, which is more of a dark maroon than a brown. Lauren wants me to branch out into crazy colors, but I will probably stick with socks in colors I'm likely to wear.


I'd better get back to the blanket, which is slowly coming along, too. I can't get a good picture of it until I bind off the strip I'm working on, but it's coming along...

5 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Hey now, no pressure! Knit with what you enjoy! It was just a case of enquiring minds...

I seem to have given up on commercial yarn for now. I'm busying myself with combing up sample fiber for my MD entries.

Bodhi is enjoying this turn of events. She likes the smell of sheep as much as I do.

-The Lauren in question

10:16 PM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

What can I say? I have boring feet.

I can't wait to see what you enter in the Md. show.

Does Bodhi like the smell of sheep better than she liked the dog yarn?

10:30 PM  
Blogger Janyne Kizer said...

You have feet!

OK, you really need to consider going with a three-fer a la Little Miss Matched. Three coordinating but different socks, mittens, etc.

9:53 AM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

I'm envious. You can knit socks. Okay, I can knit socks too, I just find them a bit difficult...

And the blanket is looking good. :)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

You work at a zoo. You work with carnivores. You're living my dream life. And you're envious because I knit socks. Susan, Susan, Susan - knitting socks is knitting socks.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home