Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

A nice, long shower ...

I spent the day doing what I generally dislike ... attending a wedding shower ... and I had a great time. My beautiful niece, Genny, hosted the shower for her sister, my other beautiful niece, Alison. It was a really nice affair, held at a catering facility over in Lyndhurst. Though I generally get lost in areas like that, it was easy to find the San Carlo. I got there in plenty of time, and was relaxed and finally, after having lost February to the flu, feeling almost human. Almost. I have to admit, I sort of planted myself at a table, and just sat. I sometimes have to settle for being less than scintillating company.

It was a buffet lunch. The food was fabulous, and - glory! - they put a POT of coffee on each table at the beginning of lunch. I loved this place! For once, I wasn't twitching with caffeine withdrawal waiting for my fix, only to have it arrive in tiny portions (in admittedly lovely little delicate cups) with refills nowhere in sight. And I'm still having dreams about the asparagus that had been sauteed with jalopenos. And the roasted eggplant. Yum!

Ali and Matthew sure hauled in the goods. It took Mark's RAV stuffed to the roof, my Highlander, stuffed to the roof, and Matt's mother's Murano, stuffed to the roof to get the booty back to Mark's.
Once there, though, I'd maxed capacity on my recuperation and I just sank into inertia and stayed till 9:30 or so. We had a nice dinner of heated leftovers from the San Carlo, I enjoyed the unhurried visit with my brother and sister-in-law, and it was great to see so much of both of my beautiful nieces in one day. It's been literally years since I had that singular pleasure. So, yeah, I probably overstayed my welcome, and yeah, I had to sit in a traffic jam on route 80 on the way home while an accident blocked all 3 westbound lanes for the better part of an hour. But I had had a great day. It was a really nice shower. And sometimes, there's just nothing like a nice, long shower.
Alison and Genny - each so different and both so lovely.

4 Comments:

Blogger flyingfish3 said...

They have both changed since I saw them last. Allie finally looks like a woman rather than a little girl, even though she's got more than a decade of practice at that!

11:13 PM  
Blogger flyingfish3 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

Do you know how old our baby girls are now?

11:17 PM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

It sounds wonderful! It's nice to be able spend time with family - especially family you don't get to see very often. I'm glad you had a such a wonderful visit. :)

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home