Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Revisiting puppy envy

He was the cutest puppy, maybe ever, and he's grown into one of the most impressive, magnificent animals I've ever known. Stone's one of those rare dogs who makes you feel his intelligence and dignity simply through the power of his presence. I love this dog.
He sort of likes me, too, which, quite honestly, blows me away.
This one's worth clicking on so you can see that wonderful face.

Now that you've been referred back to the original Puppy Envy post from Dec. 2005, here are a couple more photographs updating you on the growth and progress of two other puppies featured in that post. First, here is Tiercel, the Whippet who stole my heart as a puppy. He and his sister stayed with their breeder, so while I haven't managed to make my way to Seattle yet to meet them, it remains a possibility.

And here's Tiercel's sister, Lark. This is a candid taken in the ring, just before the judge pointed to her for a 5 point major. That softness and sweetness of expression, and the promised elegance seen in her as a puppy are still apparent. I love the marriage of power and elegance in this breed. I think she's beautiful, and quite frankly, one of the nicest Whippets I've ever seen.

So, it's official - yup - I've still got Puppy Envy.

8 Comments:

Blogger serenwhipety said...

Very cool color! And, wow, look at that tongue!

And fun to go back and look at the old blog post with his puppy picture and Tiercel and Lark's too. Hard to believe they'll be 3 this fall. Where has the time gone?

1:51 PM  
Blogger Genny said...

Oh, he's grown into a beautiful boy!! He's just stunning. I miss having a GSD in my life so much.

8:56 PM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Gee. Thanks. Now *I* have puppy envy...and I don't know anyone who *has* a puppy so I guess I'll just to enjoy the pics you've posted. All three of them are just handsome/gorgeous. :)

4:09 PM  
Blogger flyingfish3 said...

OMG I forgot how adorable Stone was as a puppy, and he sure is a beautiful adult! sooooo cute

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stone is gorgeous! And it's nice to know where Andy got his exemplary and lengthy tongue! :) Stone and Andy are...what? Cousins? Andy, however, is not yet exhibiting anything that remotely resembles dignity, so that trait, perhaps, skipped a litter! :):)

(blogger won't let me log in...might be becuz I've forgotten my username and password so in case you didn't figure it out, this is from Amy in Maine! :)

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except that I now live in New Hampshire. I think I need a drink...

1:54 PM  
Blogger serenwhipety said...

Actually that photo of Lark was in the ring, in the WB line-up seconds before the judge pointed her to a 5 point win. :) Nah, I'm not proud...

11:33 AM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

Oooops - sorry about that error. And I certainly HOPE you're proud, because she's gorgeous and beautiful, and breeding a dog like this is every breeder's dream.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home