Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

It only took 31 years

... A.C. needed one point to finish. Two weeks ago, I called Sue to make reservations at the kennel for Crow and Hudson. As it always does when we talk, the subject of A.C.'s remaining point came up, and Sue explained why she hadn't entered him in any of the shows that are local to us in late August and early September. And then, rather idly, said, "I guess I could put him in Gloucester if the entries aren't closed." We agreed that that wasn't a bad idea, but then I didn't hear whether or not she got him in the shows. Until Thursday. And that was the first I heard he was entered Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - too late for me to arrange to take Friday off.

I got home Friday to find a brief phone message from Sue. "Call me."

Introducing Champion Markenhaus Dirty Deed. Took me 31 years, and Sue's kindness and generosity. And of course, I wasn't there to experience the moment. I went to the Saturday and Sunday shows, though, to watch him specialed for the first (and probably last) two times. He'll come home soon, if Crow and Hudson give the plan the thumbs up, figuratively speaking, of course since the fact that they have no opposable thumbs remains my sole advantage in this family.


Photograph from his major win in Harrisburg in August - when I get the New Champion photograph, I'll replace this one.

7 Comments:

Blogger Reillybug said...

He is so beautiful! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear stories when he comes home.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Southern Latitudes said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Janyne Kizer said...

Congratulations!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Genny said...

Gongratulations! You must be so proud. AC is a gorgeous boy.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kuel beans!!!!!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Laura-Jane
Whimfield Farm Blog
www.whimfield.com

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Congrats!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home