Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Friday, June 27, 2008

The Patchwork Puppy

Hudson had two tumors removed yesterday. After the cousins left, I had a day off. Then, yesterday, I had to go to work for a meeting. I dropped Hudson off on my way in, and picked him up at 3:00. We've been given Fridays off this summer, so I've been able to spend today tending to Hudson's boo-boos, the worst part of which is the razor burn. Poor guy. They shave so much coat off, he looks like a patchwork puppy.

Poor boy. Look how much of his glorious coat's gone!
















Hudson's handsome enough to sport this as a sort of jaunty look, don't you think?






This is what's bothering him most. It must burn like crazy. I'm putting cold pressed aloe on it, fresh from the fridge, and it seems to help soothe it. At least, he stops scratching at it and running from it as soon as I apply it.

Everything will grow back. I await biopsy results from both sites early next week. Not anticipating any problems. The growth on his head appeared to be a benign tumor of an oil gland. The site on his shoulder was a sebaceous cyst which I opted to have removed because it opened last August, but never healed up. It was oozy and ugly, and an open path for infection. So it's gone now.

Hudson, Crow and I slept a good portion of this afternoon away. It's been a long, busy week. The dogs' schedule has been topsy turvy since Monday. As much fun as we had, returning to routine is always welcome in its own way. New visitors, old friends, and an operation - that's all alot for a Goober Dog to deal with.

5 Comments:

Blogger Southern Latitudes said...

Ow, ow, ow!!! Poor guy. I'm sure he's thrilled that you posted a picture of him on the internet with squares of hair missing.

See that look on his face?

10:43 PM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

Actually, he was watching a chipmunk.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Janyne Kizer said...

Hannah empathizes. Emma says that Hudson is very handsome, can she come visit?

1:34 PM  
Blogger Genny said...

I'm glad Hudson's biopsies turned out to be benign. That's great news. And he's still the most handsome and beautiful dog I know.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Knatolee said...

Poor patchy boy! Hope he is healing quickly.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home