Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Another log cabin, complete

I finished the blanket for Sally tonight. I'm really very pleased with it. For this blanket, I used softer pastels than I'd used for the first one I made. This isn't my favorite palette, but I'm actually very pleased with the result. I did the same thing this time - using cool colors for one half of the blanket and warm colors on the other side.

I edged it with applied i-cord, which I'd never tried before. I-cord rocks! I love the very finished effect the edging gives the piece, and I'm impressed with how neat it is.

I reversed the cool/warm pattern on the edging, using pink againt the blues and greens, and blue against the pinks and corals. I think it turned out pretty well.


It is, of course, not quite done. The downside of the log cabin technique is its backside (come to think of it, my backside is my downside, too.) This many ends to weave in is not something for the faint of heart. Oh well - this is the least of ways in which my life has required that I prove I am not faint of heart. I should be able to weave in all those ends in time to get the blanket in the mail to Sarah and Larry this weekend, and hopefully, Sally will be able to use it before it's summer and time to put away the wool blankets until next fall.

4 Comments:

Blogger Janyne Kizer said...

You've been busy! Three additions to your blog and a blanket too!

2:03 PM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

The blanket is gorgeous! Like you, I'm not as fond of the pastels but this really does look nice. :) And I've never done the applied I-cord edging but I think I may have to now. That looks really nice and definitely adds a nice finished look. I'm intrigued...I will be doing it on some project in the future. :)

11:55 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Beautiful!!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Knatolee said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!!!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home