Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Jiggetty jig ...

I'm home again, home again. Wonderful. I had a marvelous time while I was away, both at the farm and up in Vermont. My week was filled with people I love, animals I adore, good food, new acquaintances, and plenty of time to just sit and read or knit while I chatted with dear old friends.

I am, however, also grateful to be home again, with my good dogs, who are my immediate family, with my enchanting little rat, and with my parrots, who could not be more joyful at my return than I am myself. I just don't stand on tip toes, and spread my wings wide and shriek my joy from my core. Gotta wonder why we gave up that sort of display as a species. Our closest relatives certainly indulge.

Here they are, my precious babies, back where they belong.

















I never sleep as well without them as I do with them, and from the amount of deep sleep they've been doing today, I'd say the same must be true for them. We all slept soundly last night - when I woke up and glanced at the clock at 5:00 a.m., we were all in the same positions we were in when we went to bed.
Tomorrow at 5:00 a.m., our routine resumes. Right now, I'm trying to convince myself that I absolutely have to go out and run some errands. I'm losing the argument.

I am thankful for friends whom I love and who make me feel loved in return. I'm thankful for a new hope that I feel in all of us, that we can now put our shoulders to the wheel and begin to work on finding solutions to our collective troubles. I'm thankful for my job, and for this cozy little house I found three years ago, for having enough to share with others. Most of all, I am thankful for the gifts I receive from these two who teach me so much every single day, simply in their patience and trust and love. You know you are home when you settle in and pull the very air around you like a blanket and wonder why you'd ever want to leave.

2 Comments:

Blogger Reillybug said...

What a great post. We all have a lot to be thankful for and it's important to remember those things.

PS Reilly got home this morning and he's been asleep all day long :)

5:41 PM  
Blogger flyingfish3 said...

I'm glad you're home safe and sound, snuggled into your home with your animals, and I'm glad you had a great time!

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home