Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

This is just not right...

October 29, 2008 - it took me an hour to drive the last 10 miles over the mountain. We were in peak foliage when 10-12" of snow caught us off guard.

Trees were down all over the place. The mountain between here and Long Valley was closed for the next four days, and it was just as long before power was restored to most of the region.
















I got lucky.I never lost power. I lost some branches from my old lilac, and had some damage to some shrubs, but other than that, I had nothing to complain about except for snow falling once more, as it had last year, before I got the leaves raked.

The next morning, I couldn't find a detour that didn't loop me back to where I'd started, so after 90 minutes of chasing myself around the mountain, I came home, and called work and told them I'd be there as soon as rush hour was over and I could get there on the highways.

















It's all gone now. It was beautiful and treacherous and unexpected. It was weather, which will be what it will be.

3 Comments:

Blogger Janyne Kizer said...

Wow! I didn't realize that you got that much snow!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did the dogs think? Did you introduce Duncan to his first snow, lol?

1:52 PM  
Blogger Knatolee said...

THere's something really sad about the chair swing all covered in snow. Wah!

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home