Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Eleven Years with The Crow

Eleven years ago this evening, I was on the phone with Suzanne as Otter gave birth to her second litter. I was waiting to hear of the arrival of Hudson, the male puppy I'd already named and for whom I was anxiously waiting. Otter had other plans. I would have to wait another 2 years for Hudson, as this time she gave birth to four healthy, beautiful daughters (immediately dubbed "Otter dotters.") There was, I was told, one very small, very dark one, and even as I quickly switched gears and allowed that "I could take a girl," I knew that that little one would be my Crow. And so it was, and so it is. Happy birthday, Crow. You are, indeed, my Crow. And yes, you are, without question, the cutest German Shepherd I have ever seen. (She made me say that publicly.)

Photograph by Suzanne Clothier

9 Comments:

Blogger Janyne Kizer said...

Thanks for sharing the story and the beautiful portrait! What a gorgeous girl she is :-)

8:46 AM  
Anonymous catslave said...

Happy Birthday you beautiful Crow.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Southern Latitudes said...

Awwww, Happy Birthday Crow. Indeed what a beauty you are. And I absolutely love that she is in sepia for her portrait. I love sepia although I don't use it enough.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Genny said...

Crow is the epitome of everything a German Shepherd girl should be. She defines her space. Happy birthday, sweet girl.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

I think i said that Crow is the most beautiful Shepherd I've ever seen. Well yes, still...but then you put up an image of her late brother, Panda, and for a second I could swear I stopped breathing. Crow?--I'd like to meet you sometime, face to face, and that you'll like me enough to slurp me.

7:10 PM  
Blogger ~tammi said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Aunt Crow!!

Love
The Raven Lunatic

11:35 AM  
Blogger Reillybug said...

Such a beautiful picture. She is truly a treasure.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Knatolee said...

I love that photo of her!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

happy birthday, sweet Crow. You are indeed a gorgeous girl!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home