Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

My little Highlander ... the Phoenix

It's just a little boo-boo after all. Actually, it's not. The actual estimate makes every hair on my head spin in its socket. But my insurance adjustor deemed the value of the car sufficient to warrant repair. I'm gonna have my little car back!

A visit to the chiropractor yesterday has me feeling much better physically, too, so all in all, things are looking a lot brighter than they did 6 days ago. Bad news about my chiropractor's wife's health - she is a lovely woman, exactly my age, beautiful, trim , fit, and apparently healthy until her diagnosis last September - reminds me that stuff is just stuff.

Much as I love my car, it is only a car. Things can be replaced. Paperwork gets done. Taxes get paid. Problems get solved. But the people who mean so much to us along the way are what matter. I have dealt with many people in my life who either never "got" that or lost it along the way. I often make a pledge to myself that I never will. Every now and then something comes along and makes me reaffirm that vow to myself. Stuff is just stuff. Things are just things. While I welcome back my little Highlander, I recognize that this is simply the straightest path to solving this particular situation, and in the end, it doesn't even show up on the scope of "What Really Matters."

3 Comments:

Blogger Southern Latitudes said...

Ginny,

You've got it right. I tell the boys all the time not to sweat the little stuff.

I was going to ask you how you were doing after the accident but I see you wrote on it.
Take care and Happy Easter to you.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Reillybug said...

I'm so glad the car is ok.... That's one weight off of your mind.

4:18 PM  
Blogger flyingfish3 said...

Last paragraph? Yeah - I know a few other people who would be good to recognize that fact. well put.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home