Crowz Nest

Because it's time... as it was once before.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Port Murray, NJ

I'm a bit old to be starting out in life again, but that's where I am. Sadly. Or gladly. It's where I am. Come along. Watch the fun. Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A decade of Crow

It is Crow's birthday. Today. She's 10. I won't go over the past decade, not for you, and not for me, not for anybody. There's too much pain in the recounting. Besides, I've always had a very strange relationship with time and its passage. But I can and will say that Crow has been the single most constant, most loving bright spot in my life since the moment she arrived.

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl. I still remember the first time I picked you up. I think you were 9 days old. I can still feel the strength of your tiny muscles and smell your warm, milky breath as I held you to my face and you, with eyes still sealed, and ears still folded shut, with your tiny tail held straight out, wagging a mile a minute, kissed my face as enthusiastically as you still do every night in our ritual farewells until morning. I felt an instant connection with you the first time I saw you, and that has never left us.

I still see it in your beautiful, dark eyes. You've stretched me in so many ways. So happy birthday, Baby Girl. You're challenging, and demanding, and a huge pain in the butt. You hold a mirror up to me into which I don't always wish to gaze. But you're a gift in my heart, and the best gift I've ever received.

8 Comments:

Blogger Southern Latitudes said...

What a beautiful, beautiful face!!

Happy Birthday fuzzy girl!

Robin

9:00 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

She is SUCH a beauty. Happy birthday sweet Crow! Hugs to you and your Mama (and extra treats from Tucker)

10:24 PM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CROW!!!

May you get lots of extra treats. :)

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday ms crow!!!! me and the gang wish you many, many more....be careful blowing out those candles :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

I adore this picture of her. Such personality!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Reillybug said...

Happy birthday Crow!! You are such a special dog.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Genny said...

I cannot believe that Crow is 10. It seems like just yesterday I saw the pictures of her as a tiny baby before she even came to live with you. She is so beautiful with that gorgeous, intelligent face. She looks wonderful. May you have many more years together.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

I have said to you, Ginny, that as much as I adore my Cid down at the Jersey Shore, Crow is the single most beautiful dog I have ever seen. If her disposition is as empathic as I suspect, you have been twice blessed with both beauty and a great heart. May she have many more years.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home